LIM Summer Fashion Lab | | Day: 6 Best Day Ever Part: 1 | | 2015

Friday, July 17, 2015

Hello Beauties,

So I am here today to talk to you about the best day ever. It was literally so crazy that when I look back to it, I just really want to do it all over again like a million times lol.

So I kind of have to start the story the night before because then it will all make sense. But basically earlier in the week when I was first getting to know my roommate, I was telling her about the times that I woke up super duper early to go to the concerts at the today show. When I told her Fifth Harmony was coming on Friday she got excited but we decided not to go.

Fast forward to Thursday night, after all the craziness we went through, Camryn told her that I just HAD to got to Fifth Harmony in the morning with her. We were then talking about it with other people on my floor and more people decided that they wanted to go too. I figured a lot of people would end up backing out because this type of thing required you to wake up at a super early hour in the morning. Everybody got excited and then I was like what the hell?? Why not??

This was the week that I finally got to take control of everything, my future, my decisions and there was finally nobody there to tell me that I couldn't do something. I mean..... yea, I had to be to class at 9a.m. but I knew that I could make it. So I said yes. I knew that if I didn't that I would ultimately regret it. So what if I would be tired, I wanted to have fun.

At 3 a.m. my roommate's alarm went off. I had set mine for 4 because I knew that I would be ready in time. We we're set to meet in the lobby at 4:30 in the morning. Once everyone was there (a lot of people didn't show up because they were too tired) we set off.

I'm going to skip past the train ride and all that stuff but even the train ride was fun. We got lost of course when we got there.

When I went to the 5 seconds of summer concert, the stage was faced the other way, so that was kind of weird. But basically while three of them stood in line two of us, scouted out the line and looked for any openings that we could try and sneak through. Once we saw how long the line was and that there wa no way to sneak through, we just waited in line like everybody else. The line was long but it honestly not that bad.

So now i'm going to explain to you how they set up the morning concert series.The crowd is set up in 5 sections. The first section is basically all the people who know people at the today show, or are family and close friends with the workers or whoever is performing. Also the fan passes can stand in that section. That section is right on the stage. The second section is everyone who camped out to get passes for the today showing to get guaranteed that they could see the show. The third section is for people who stood out there the night before or woke up super early to see the show. The Fourth section is for the people who have never done it before and got there late so they are in the street. And the last section is behind the stage, which in some cases doesn't always suck, but it isn't the best place to be.

From waking up early and standing in line we ended up in the third section. Which when you think about it, wasn't a bad section at all. I thought we we're pretty lucky to have gotten there. At this point when we were in the section it was 7:30 the girls had come on and practiced BO$$ and Like Mariah. Once they were done, the Today show people announced that they wouldn't be back on stage until 8:30 which, for us, was cutting it close because class started at 9.

We made our way to the back of the third section. In the back of the section there is a separate podium for the News castors so we stood around there hoping that we would get on TV. A couple people from the Today show crew were passing out T-shirts and posters from the show. I wanted something so bad. Just a little souvenir, because in the two other years that I've gone, I've never gotten one. They promised that my group of friends would get something but they were taking forever. Finally they threw our two T-Shirts and there were five of us. Lets just say that I fought to death for the shirt and actually got it!!!!

After that a couple people we're just coming around and talking to people. One of the Interns from the news came over and was just being polite. He made small conversation and asked where we were from. My friend T answered first and said," Connecticut." I have never been more happy in my life. He got so excited and then we asked if we could take a picture with him. He said yes and tried to find someone who could take a picture for us. When he came back he asked us if we wanted to take a picture on the stage with him. Of course we said yes!! thinking that he meant the podium in the middle and not the actual main stage. He then proceeded to take us to the podium but at the last minute, he decided to take us to the main stage in the first section!!!!!!!!

We then walked past all the people who had been waiting days to see them. At first I felt bad but at the same time, I didn't want to trade that moment for anything. We we're screaming and crying and laughing because it was the best thing ever. And the craziest part was that I didn't even want to go lol!!

Once they came on, it was like everything.  was magical. We danced and sang with them, and it was just truly amazing. We touched thier hands and told them we loved them and they said it back. I took selfies with Normani and pics with all the other girls. We were so close that when Normani was dancing, she hit me with her braid!!!

They sang about 4 times with us in the front. While the girls were getting ready for another live performance, Abby Wambach and Hope Solo came on stage and touched my hands. After that they came on to sing one last song but we had to leave. I just didn't want to miss it though. We stayed for BO$$ and the minute they finished we tried to leave but didn't realize that they were as well. The passed right by us and I got Camilla, Ally, and Dinah to sign my today shirt. It was freaking amazing.

Of course by then it was 8:55 and class started in 5 minutes and there was no way we were going to make it by just walking. So we hopped in a taxi and he hightailed it to the class buildings. We made it there by 9:05. My teacher wasn't mad (thank god) and they hadn't left for the field trip yet.

It was the best thing besides the summer program to happen to me all year. It was absolutely amazing and its something that I will never forget.

Sorry that this is so long. Hope it didn't bother you too much. I have to split up this day otherwise you'll never make it through because so much other stuff happened.

Hope you guys enjoyed. If you did leave a comment down below something crazy that has happened to you this summer.

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @tyanayasmeen and Instagram

Add me on SnapChat for live updates on my crazy adventures!!!

Until Next Time................................................................

You Might Also Like


  1. Amazing post,love the pictures!:)

  2. I'm so happy for you, you seem so excited. This was such a fun post to read and it looks like you had the most amazing time xxx

  3. Wow that sure does look like fun. It sounds like you're having a really great summer. I hope the rest of it goes just as well for you and something EVEN BETTER happens :)
    Brooke | brookewrote

  4. That's so cool you saw them, Lauren is so beautifull and has a great voice!!

  5. Sounds like a great time. Thanks for sharing!


I love reading the comments they make my day!!!

Love you